| NEWS When we go to 16 (teams) that possibility (eliminating divisions) is front and center for the SEC.”

rocknthefreeworld

Century Club
Pods are the only way to keep rivals in tact. Geographic makes sense.

A&M - Arkansas - Texas - Oklahoma

Missouri - LSU - Ole Miss - Miss State

Bama - Auburn - Vandy - UK

UT - UGA - USC - UF

Each team gets one cross-pod permanent rival in an 8 game SEC season and plays one full Pod. Bama-LSU is a given. If we go to 9 games then each gets 2 or they get 1 and rotate the other game. If we go to 10 games then every team plays home and home against everyone else at least once every 4 years.

WeAllBleedCrimson has the other split I have seen.

OldPlayer

Crimson Tide Club
If you base it on proximity:

West: Texas, Oklahoma, Missouri, Texas A&M
South: Ole Miss, Arkansas, Mississippi State, LSU
North: Kentucky, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina
East: Florida, Georgia, Auburn, Alabama

Of course, this makes the East and West divisions brutal.

bamascw

Extra Point Club
how the hell did I completely miss the 4 team division???? Ever since they announced Texas and Oklahoma coming I’ve been trying to figure out how the hell we’re going to have two 8 divisions.

Four sets of four teams makes perfect sense and also if you think about it, it would be another trend setting move for the SEC, no other conference has four sets of four but you give it a few years and you can bet your ass you’ll see it pop up.

I will say that I would like to see at least one extra conference game come out of this, I know it would make the schedule really difficult but I would like to see nine conference games per season.

Who knows how they will sort things out with four divisions, you could almost draw it up six or seven different ways and talk yourself into it making complete sense so I will leave that to the people making the big money.

On a completely unrelated topic, we took the boat out yesterday and I lost my favorite Alabama visor, which is currently somewhere floating around in the Atlantic ocean, I’m in a state of mourning. 😯

mando

Sideline Club
On a completely unrelated topic, we took the boat out yesterday and I lost my favorite Alabama visor, which is currently somewhere floating around in the Atlantic ocean, I’m in a state of mourning. 😯
Do we have some W's and NC's with that visor? If so you better go back and find that bad boy otherwise if we lose it is your fault :).

bamascw

Extra Point Club
Lol…we do. But the water was so rough on our way back yesterday, we were coming back in 3 foot swells, I just didn’t have the heart to turn around and try to find it with my wife and 15-year-old daughter giving me the evil eye about stopping lol

alabama mike

Probably At A Ballgame
Crimson Tide Club
I don't care how the pie is sliced, what I want to see is Alabama playing other SEC schools on a more regular basis. There is no reason to wait 10-12 years to play another school not in your division. With the 4 groups, you could play the 3 others in your area every year and then rotate the other games to play a home and away schedule every 3-5 years. Just my opinion.

OldPlayer

Crimson Tide Club
I don't care how the pie is sliced, what I want to see is Alabama playing other SEC schools on a more regular basis. There is no reason to wait 10-12 years to play another school not in your division. With the 4 groups, you could play the 3 others in your area every year and then rotate the other games to play a home and away schedule every 3-5 years. Just my opinion.
If you eliminate divisions altogether, like some conferences have, you’ll play all other teams more frequently. By eliminating divisions, you put the top two conference win percentage teams into the championship.

It Takes Eleven

Quoth the Raven...
Scholarship Club
If they did the 4 team pods and went to 9 SEC games a year they could play every team in 2 years
The pods, I guess, give you three permanent opponents, and you could add one more perm from outside your pod. That would give you four perms - for us, I'd include the MS teams and aubrun in the pod, and then UT outside. If we put UT in the same pod with us and aubrun, we'd have to throw in Vandy and the whining would be crazy.

Five non-perm games with the remaining eleven teams would provide a cycling through instead of having six games against the remaining twelve, which would keep the schedules the same.

That would then leave the west pod with Arky, aTm, TX and the dirt burglars. Throw in Mizzou with UT, Vandy and LSU (a gift to the cord dogs), and then put GA-FL-SC-KY.

Top Bottom