| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: Florida's Emory Jones announces intent to enter the transfer portal

bama alum

Scholarship Club
Jermaine Burton (Not Trey) a heavy Alabama lean right now? Receiver from Georgia, this is coming from UGA writers even, interesting that they lose their best returning receiver to transfer portal.

Also in a lot of reports I'm seeing people say JT Daniel's thinks Georgia is mishandling Receivers making them into jump ball only guys and not getting them drafted.

Fwiw...

kbama15

Sideline Club
Supposedly he was/is looking at transfer options but Kirby (obviously) is doing whatever he can to keep him. If he does enter the portal at some point, Bama would be a player, but not necessarily a lock IMO. Keep in mind though, Kirby has lied about draft feedback to try and keep a player(s) from going pro early... there's no telling what he will say (or do) to keep a kid with that potential from transferring to Alabama.
This means Kirby will probably be one and done like Coach O! Nobody maintains like Saban! Roll Tide!

kbama15

Sideline Club
But at the same time Kirby's not a complete dunce like Coach O either.
Oh I don’t disagree but, all the sports writers talked how Dabo was going to take over and Coach O saying they were back and taking over, Kirby did learn from the Best but before we crown him King let’s see what he’s done years down the road. Saban has a formula that coaches replicate but can’t master.

mando

Sideline Club
Kirby may turn out to be good and even great but you guys are measuring him against the GOAT. No one will measure up to that (except Bear of course :)) so not realistic to do so.

Had to edit to also say this, Coach O was an idiot. Comparing Smart and him is also not valid in my view.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
Oh I don’t disagree but, all the sports writers talked how Dabo was going to take over and Coach O saying they were back and taking over, Kirby did learn from the Best but before we crown him King let’s see what he’s done years down the road. Saban has a formula that coaches replicate but can’t master.
Getting to-top...easier than staying on top....
Ask anyone thats been there....Saban knows it to....
Gets everyones bestest game

Davestwin

Sideline Club
That may be the biggest miss of the off season.
It’s been a sad story since day one to me. Jay grew up a huge Bama fan but he came out of high school at the wrong time to get a scholarship from the Tide. He then went to ND and stayed until his coach left but again the timing didn’t mesh with what Bama could do. Though even if it had he was probably going to follow his coach anyway.

Top Bottom