| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: Florida's Emory Jones announces intent to enter the transfer portal

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
All on scholarship? I sure hope not. I was just basing my comment on the results we saw on the field this past year. Bama averaged 38 yards. They were 12th in the SEC.

Georgia ranked #1 in the SEC in punting yards but ranked behind Bama in punting return yardage allowed.

What's more important? The distance the kick travels or what happens after its fielded?

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Dabo has finally dipped into the portal; sort of. Hunter Johnson was at Northwestern before entering the portal and announcing he's headed to Clemson.

One small caveat. Johnson left Clemson and transferred to NW in '18. Dabo didn't hit the portal and recruited Hunter back to the program. The Johnson family is close to the Clements family: school administration did the work here.

DJU gets some much needed competition.

SoCalPatrick

Sideline Club

Destination – Determined​

OLB Drew Sanders – Arkansas Razorbacks [READ MORE]

TE Jahleel Billingsley – Texas Longhorns [READ MORE]

QB Paul Tyson – Arizona State Sun Devils [READ MORE]

OLB King Mwikuta – Arkansas State Red Wolves [READ MORE]

ILB Jackson Bratton – UAB Blazers [READ MORE]

CB Marcus Banks – Mississippi State Bulldogs [READ MORE]

OL Pierce Quick – Georgia Tech Yellow Jackets [READ MORE]

WR Xavier Williams – Utah State Aggies [READ MORE]

QB Stone Hollenbach – Western Michigan [READ MORE]

Destination – Undetermined​

ILB Shane Lee – To be determined… [READ MORE]

ILB Jaylen Moody – To be determined… [READ MORE]

OL Tommy Brown – To be determined… [READ MORE]

WR Javon Baker – To be determined… [READ MORE]

QB Braxton Barker – To be determined…

Draft-Eligible Players​

CB Josh Jobe – Leaving [READ MORE]

LB Christopher Allen – Leaving [READ MORE]

DL Phidarian Mathis – Leaving [READ MORE]

OL Evan Neal – Leaving [READ MORE]

WR Jameson Williams – Leaving [READ MORE]

TE Cameron Latu – Returning [READ MORE]

WR Slade Bolden – Leaving [READ MORE]

ILB Henry To’o To’o – Returning [READ MORE]

DL DJ Dale – Returning [READ MORE]

WR John Metchie – Leaving [READ MORE]

DB DeMarcco Hellams – Returning [READ MORE]

DB Jordan Battle – Returning [READ MORE]

DL Byron Young – Returning [READ MORE]

OL Emil Ekiyor – Returning [READ MORE]

CB Jalyn Armour-Davis – Leaving [READ MORE]

LB Christian Harris – Leaving [READ MORE]

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Dabo has finally dipped into the portal; sort of. Hunter Johnson was at Northwestern before entering the portal and announcing he's headed to Clemson.

One small caveat. Johnson left Clemson and transferred to NW in '18. Dabo didn't hit the portal and recruited Hunter back to the program. The Johnson family is close to the Clements family: school administration did the work here.

DJU gets some much needed competition.

This is a strange one. You wonder what made them go this route with Klubnik coming in and Johnson proving the last four years at two schools he's not a D-1 quarterback. Scratching my head here.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
This is a strange one. You wonder what made them go this route with Klubnik coming in and Johnson proving the last four years at two schools he's not a D-1 quarterback. Scratching my head here.
I think it's an interesting one; can't call it strange. Weird in some aspects.

I say weird because he's a grad transfer. (That's one of the reasons I tacked the "sort of" on post.) That means Clemson offers something that Northwestern doesn't. I can see that on agricultural but it's hard to envision someone getting their undergrad at NW and pursuing Ag sciences at another school for their post grad studies. I don't know what he's studying. To me, it just seems like a weird mix of schools.

When he left I had a fan here tell me about how close his family was to the Clements (President of Clemson and his family.) This week I've learned the President and Hunter were in contact with each other all the while Johnson was attending NW.

There again, "sort of" dippin' in the transfer portal.

I've not paid a lot of attention to Clemson's QB room other than who is teaching. He should be of help there.

Top Bottom