| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: Florida's Emory Jones announces intent to enter the transfer portal

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Take Metchie out...

and we're at 88.... technically only 3 spots left to hit 85, but I think you've mentioned that we're not done with transfer portal, so I think Saban will take advantage of the full 7 maximum trnasfer spot, Wouldn't be shocked to see Wynn hit portal now... and maybe see 5 transfers after spring camp. I think he'll use the spring camp to evaluate everyone and make a roster deicison.
There were two I mentioned taking out of that BOL list. They had Metchie and JAD in their 89 count.

It's my belief we won't see any more action from the portal until the summer when that session of aid begins. I don't expect much on February's signing day.

Speaking of spring camp:

I'll have to look back in more depth to be sure. Right now I can't think of a Tide team going into spring camp where there were so many positions decided. If Harris stays it'll be two position groups.

Sid Youngleman

Persifleur
Sideline Club
I think it's a mental issue with Burnip. Perhaps he should be sent to concentration camp.

Bad joke.
In defense of IT11, he did say "to concentration camp" (i.e., a place where you practice concentrating), not "to a concentration camp." Sort of like band camp for clarinetists. As to whether it's still a bad joke anyway, the jury has ordered in supper.

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
There were two I mentioned taking out of that BOL list. They had Metchie and JAD in their 89 count.

It's my belief we won't see any more action from the portal until the summer when that session of aid begins. I don't expect much on February's signing day.

Speaking of spring camp:

I'll have to look back in more depth to be sure. Right now I can't think of a Tide team going into spring camp where there were so many positions decided. If Harris stays it'll be two position groups.
Dang @TerryP... If C. Harris does indeed come back, has CNS ever had anything close to the returning experience with this back 7?! Who do you see as the 3rd LB after the departure of Lee and Moody?

LB: HT, Harris
CB: Ricks, Koolaid, K. Jackson
Safety: Hellams, Battle
Nickle/Dime: Branch, Moore

Hate to get ahead of ourselves, but then we get to the DL where basically it's only replacing Mathis & Ray. Mathis was phenomenal the last half of the season, but the return of Dale & especially Byron young should minimize that loss. I'd expect Tim Smith to step right in and seriously increase production as well.

This D is looking absolutely salty. RTR

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Dang @TerryP... If C. Harris does indeed come back,
That comment was more of a "what if" than it was a serious forecast for the '22 defense. The last I heard he's likely gone though there are a few around that continue to say he's having a hard time with the decision.

Mathis was phenomenal the last half of the season, but the return of Dale & especially Byron young should minimize that loss. I'd expect Tim Smith to step right in and seriously increase production as well.
I like Young but he can't replace what Mathis brought last season. Specifically, being able to play straight up nose tackle. Mathis could, and then slide outside. Young works well outside but hasn't shown he can be that guy in the very middle.

Dale is a clogger, he's not a pass rusher. Great in running situations and there's your reason as to why we've seen him as much as we have.

Smith? I believe he can but that's far from determined. After him, who is next? A handful, three maybe four guys, who can fit that role but we really haven't seen them yet.

mando

Sideline Club
That comment was more of a "what if" than it was a serious forecast for the '22 defense. The last I heard he's likely gone though there are a few around that continue to say he's having a hard time with the decision.

I like Young but he can't replace what Mathis brought last season. Specifically, being able to play straight up nose tackle. Mathis could, and then slide outside. Young works well outside but hasn't shown he can be that guy in the very middle.

Dale is a clogger, he's not a pass rusher. Great in running situations and there's your reason as to why we've seen him as much as we have.

Smith? I believe he can but that's far from determined. After him, who is next? A handful, three maybe four guys, who can fit that role but we really haven't seen them yet.
Yep my biggest concern for the D next year is the DL.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Dang @TerryP... If C. Harris does indeed come back, has CNS ever had anything close to the returning experience with this back 7?! Who do you see as the 3rd LB after the departure of Lee and Moody?

LB: HT, Harris
CB: Ricks, Koolaid, K. Jackson
Safety: Hellams, Battle
Nickle/Dime: Branch, Moore

Hate to get ahead of ourselves, but then we get to the DL where basically it's only replacing Mathis & Ray. Mathis was phenomenal the last half of the season, but the return of Dale & especially Byron young should minimize that loss. I'd expect Tim Smith to step right in and seriously increase production as well.

This D is looking absolutely salty. RTR
Tidestalker is a member of the Bama Sunshine Club.

Just kidding with you.

mando

Sideline Club
Really disappointed in some of these guys especially the ones that would get playing time if they would stick it out in some cases or buy-in in other cases. This portal is just making it to easy for kids to bypass the lessons of perseverance.

Top Bottom