| RECRUIT The Portal Watch 2020-2021: Florida's Emory Jones announces intent to enter the transfer portal

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
With the news of Moody and Shane Lee, does that make you think both Harris & To'oto'o are coming back?

Even before the game on Monday, the chatter coming from the UA side and the NFL side was that To'o To'o would most likely return. Again, that would have been before his sit down with Saban, but I haven't heard anything this week that indicates that has changed. He would have an opportunity to improve his stock with 1 more season. On Harris, his situation was a little less clear to me. The chatter on him in the last few weeks was that he was definitely wanting to enter the draft. He had a really good game the other night and finished the season on a high note. But, (from the scouting side), his play for much of the year was inconsistent (especially early on), which did him no favors with his draft grades. Based off that, I would imagine that Saban advised him to return and solidify a round 1 grade for 2023. Moody and Lee going elsewhere could certainly be an indication that he may be staying. But until he green lights a statement saying such, I'm not at all confident in saying it's a safe bet.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
But why would he go there? not even for 1 million dollar? That's quite reaching in many way. He entered transfer portal because a coach left. so he's shopping around... so ............

Why would Travis Hunter and Coleman go to Jacksonville State? Deon hasn't proven to be a coach that gets guys success in the NFL, so it's for some other reason...

Tidestalker

Crimson Tide Club
Well one thing for sure that you're seeing in all this is just how little The U of A actually means to these players. They came hoping Nick could get them to the NFL and for that reason pretty much alone. You will not have much of a senior class going forward and the freshmen and sophomore classes are going to have to carry a heavy load.

You're going to see some roller coaster years even at the best programs if the staffs can't fill the voids due to all your backups leaving for greener pastures.

I would love to hear what Nick is thinking about all this.

He's probably thinking:

Well, we've lost a handful of players who weren't in the rotation, but we've already picked up an All American running back & Defensive Back.

Shucks.....!

BamaMD

Sideline Club
He's probably thinking:

Well, we've lost a handful of players who weren't in the rotation, but we've already picked up an All American running back & Defensive Back.

Shucks.....!
I agree! These guys are trimming the fat themselves and leaving a lot of room for Saban to hand pick some guys that are going to truly contribute to the program. This is the present and future of recruiting until the NCAA provides additional regulation of the transfer portal. On a side note, I would love to see Trinity Bell (6'7 260 lb) TE from the University of Tennessee transfer to BAMA. Thats a serious upgrade along the offensive line and a tremendous mismatch for opposing secondaries. He would replace Randolph in the heavy package and give more flexibility in the form of play calling in the red zone. Additionally, with Skinner going to Miami, Billingsley transferring out and Latu having one more year at BAMA, this would be the perfect opportunity to bring in a younger player and develop him to fit the system at BAMA. Not sure we get him, but it would be nice if we did. 🙂

Last edited:

mando

Sideline Club
Half a recruiting class leaving via the portal. Add the NFL/Senior Attrition a lot of players gone. Will be very interesting to see how CNS turns this into an advantage for Bama. I certainly believe he will.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
One of the posters on the Bama rant page that is the numbers guy(lol) says Bama still has to process 5 guys (NFL or portal) to get to the 85 limits so they can bring in the class they signed.

13 players out of 27 recruits from 2019 have transferred as of today (gone or in the portal).

Last edited:

Justneedme81

Sideline Club
One of the posters on the Bama rant page that is the numbers guy(lol) says Bama still has to process 5 guys (NFL or portal) to get to the 85 limits so they can bring in the class they signed.
While that is partially true, You have to remember that if we bring in transfers, it counts against 85. 1 goes out, 1 comes in. I think maximum is 7. So we essentially swapping players at this point. So, the guys going to NFL helps a lot. I guess my point is, it's not straightforward...

Bama Guy

Sideline Club
This is a lot of transfers. Course, some may change their mind. If we can avoid the injury bug next year, the team will still be really strong even with the known transfers. I appreciate their contributions. RTR

Top Bottom