| FTBL The lead up to the game has more fire than the game itself will. (UA vs UTx)

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
I'm gonna do my best to go to this game. If anyone here can get away game tickets and doesn't plan to go to this, let me know and I'll pay for them, trade some home game tickets, whatever we decide on.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
Fox will want to maximize viewers to generate the most ad revenue possible. A noon game EDT means 9 am on the West Coast. My bet is that this will go prime time.
I get what you're saying and don't disagree with you...all the way up until your conclusion, "prime time is at night."

Of course they want to generate as much revenue. On that end they spend the most money on their Big Noon Kickoff game so it would make the most fiscal sense to have your ad generation based on which game is your "flagship game" that weekend.

Last season the prime time game (8PM, ET) led the nation in viewers 3 of the 13 weeks. On the other hand six of the 13 weeks had the Big Noon Kickoff game with the most viewers.

Other than this Texas tilt the biggest game Fox will have that weekend is USC vs Stanford. Is that a game they'd put at noon where not only the TV viewership is based on a 9AM window but ticket sales/kickoff are as well?

In almost an identical circumstance we saw Fox choose the noon kick for Oregon vs Ohio State last season. That game had almost double the number of views as the ABC prime time game, right at three times the number of ESPN's prime time game.

Like CBS and their monopoly on the mid-afternoon games, Fox "owns" the noon kickoff. It is their "prime time.'

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
I get what you're saying and don't disagree with you...all the way up until your conclusion, "prime time is at night."

Of course they want to generate as much revenue. On that end they spend the most money on their Big Noon Kickoff game so it would make the most fiscal sense to have your ad generation based on which game is your "flagship game" that weekend.

Last season the prime time game (8PM, ET) led the nation in viewers 3 of the 13 weeks. On the other hand six of the 13 weeks had the Big Noon Kickoff game with the most viewers.

Other than this Texas tilt the biggest game Fox will have that weekend is USC vs Stanford. Is that a game they'd put at noon where not only the TV viewership is based on a 9AM window but ticket sales/kickoff are as well?

In almost an identical circumstance we saw Fox choose the noon kick for Oregon vs Ohio State last season. That game had almost double the number of views as the ABC prime time game, right at three times the number of ESPN's prime time game.

Like CBS and their monopoly on the mid-afternoon games, Fox "owns" the noon kickoff. It is their "prime time.'

Austin...like Tuscaloosa....is one hot place in early September....
Remember working wildfires in late August....in east Texas....

Heat yeah, but at least the fans and players wont have to contend with rattlesnakes....lol

planomateo

Scholarship Club
Austin...like Tuscaloosa....is one hot place in early September....
Remember working wildfires in late August....in east Texas....

Heat yeah, but at least the fans and players wont have to contend with rattlesnakes....lol

Forgive me, but I'm of the opinion that it's hotter in Texas than Alabama. The heat last longer through the day as well.

JoshB

Scholarship Club
I'm just bummed we won't get to see Agiye Hall standing on the side lines for four quarters doing nothing as Alabama skull drags Texas on national TV.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Forgive me, but I'm of the opinion that it's hotter in Texas than Alabama. The heat last longer through the day as well.

Different heat. Humidity in the South is unrivaled. It can be 75 degrees and feel like 105. Texas gets some too, but I don't think it "feels" any hotter in Texas. It may last longer, but the humidity beats you down and makes you sluggish because it's never ending, even at 8AM in the morning. I will say one thing though, Texas has more severe weather swings than I have seen anywhere. It was absolutely freezing for the Rose Bowl in January a year and a half ago.

planomateo

Scholarship Club
Different heat. Humidity in the South is unrivaled. It can be 75 degrees and feel like 105. Texas gets some too, but I don't think it "feels" any hotter in Texas. It may last longer, but the humidity beats you down and makes you sluggish because it's never ending, even at 8AM in the morning. I will say one thing though, Texas has more severe weather swings than I have seen anywhere. It was absolutely freezing for the Rose Bowl in January a year and a half ago.

Remind me again how much time you've spent in Texas? 😭

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Remind me again how much time you've spent in Texas? 😭

Know enough to know it's not "hotter" than Georgia, Alabama, or Florida. Dry heat is easy heat. Dealt with it in Arizona, but it doesn't compare to humid heat.

To each their own, as I'm sure we all think our spots are hotter. Southern teams fare better athletically, and I see the heat not bothering our boys.

Last edited:

planomateo

Scholarship Club
Know enough to know it's not "hotter" than Georgia, Alabama, or Florida. Dry heat is easy heat. Dealt with it in Arizona, but it doesn't compare to humid heat.

To each their own, as I'm sure we all think our spots are hotter. Southern teams fare better athletically, and I see the heat not bothering our boys.

Ever been to South Texas? Houston, South Padre, etc? Humid AF...

Shit, Austin is humid, College Station is humid.

And I ain't talking out my ass, I lived in Texas and Alabama for 18 years each 😭.

I'm not talking about a place I've visited a few times 🤪. I've cut grass, played sports, been outdoors in both states for a long time. Surely that earns some kind credibility here. Unlike you 😁

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Ever been to South Texas? Houston, South Padre, etc? Humid AF...

Shit, Austin is humid, College Station is humid.

And I ain't talking out my ass, I lived in Texas and Alabama for 18 years each 😭.

I'm not talking about a place I've visited a few times 🤪. I've cut grass, played sports, been outdoors in both states for a long time. Surely that earns some kind credibility here. Unlike you 😁

Yeah yeah, big bad Texas. Everyone spending a little time there thinks its God's gift to the world and beats their chest as if they've accomplished something. You appear to be all about where you currently are, because all we hear about anymore is Montana, until this. I stand by my words. South Georgia and Middle Georgia, hell even Augusta, Georgia are on the map.

I'll say it again, our boys will not be affected by the heat. Willing to bet our fans won't either. On to the next topic of discussion.

Top Bottom