| GOLF PGA Championship

PurlJam

Bama Club
After the first 9, Davis Riley is one stroke off the lead (-3) tied with Dean Burmester and Abraham Ancer. Rory in the lead at -4, Tiger is +1, JT tees off at 1:14.

Edit: Riley bogies #9 putting him at -2 Tied for 4th

Last edited:

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I'm not a fan of this course. Two reasons, really.

You'll see guys having a harder time getting out of the sand this weekend. One of the quirks of Southern Hills is the amount of gravel they have mixed in with sand in their bunkers. It's not that hard to learn how to play out. It's hard as hell on your club face(s) especially coming out of a fairway bunker.

On that end, it does take away a shot you'll see some of the guys play on other courses: they're using the sand as a landing zone. I'm not a big fan of that either...though I'll admit to ...

I really didn't notice this until Tiger Wood '99, 2000...one of those editions. The layout of the course makes little sense. Golf Digest did a pretty good job with this article and graphic.

1652970079411.jpeg

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
I'm not a fan of this course. Two reasons, really.

You'll see guys having a harder time getting out of the sand this weekend. One of the quirks of Southern Hills is the amount of gravel they have mixed in with sand in their bunkers. It's not that hard to learn how to play out. It's hard as hell on your club face(s) especially coming out of a fairway bunker.

On that end, it does take away a shot you'll see some of the guys play on other courses: they're using the sand as a landing zone. I'm not a big fan of that either...though I'll admit to ...

I really didn't notice this until Tiger Wood '99, 2000...one of those editions. The layout of the course makes little sense. Golf Digest did a pretty good job with this article and graphic.

1652970079411.jpeg

I played there in December and they were the best bunkers I have ever had to hit out of. I've played some nice courses. It was nice and easy to get out of. And I'm not a good sand player.

As far as course layout, it's not this crazy for us normal golfers, even playing their tips. They really stretch it out for the Championship tees. The one tee box for #13 over the #12 green is a crazy long hole the way it plays from where my caddie showed me the big boys play.

Rolltide24

Century Club
Is it just me or does Tiger limp more as his score goes up? The leg was healthy and feeling great earlier in the week. I love watching Tiger and have for many years. Maybe my observation is off.

TerryP

Misomaniac
Ivory Club
I played there in December and they were the best bunkers I have ever had to hit out of. I've played some nice courses. It was nice and easy to get out of. And I'm not a good sand player.
<checks notes>

Sounds 'bout right. 🙃

I don't like having to sweep gravel out of my putting line.

bama alum

Scholarship Club
JT just missed his birdie putt at 18. Still finished with a 67, -5 for the tournament. Currently just one off the lead. I hope this isn't a day where "What if..." runs constantly through his head.

Top Bottom