| FTBL LSU to extend Ed Ørgeron

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
I ...for one of many...thought Coach Ø was a mistake...but I certainly have changed my mine.... i think he will get Lsu in the conversation.....
But....after that.....i doubt it?...

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
I ...for one of many...thought Coach Ø was a mistake...but I certainly have changed my mine.... i think he will get Lsu in the conversation.....
But....after that.....i doubt it?...
I believe he is perfect for LSU. Hopefully he will not do anything stupid as far as recruiting issues while trying to catch The King. I believe he is 2 and Zip vs Guz Malzahn so that is good for us as well.

ElephantStomp

Verified Member
Bama Club
Reaction score
I, too think Coach Ø is perfect for LSU and will be successful there. I don’t think they’ll win a NC or anything, but I think they’ll be in the convo at least

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I thought it was a decent hire from Day 1 and have had his back because his style even pumps me up. I like a guy that can get rowdy with his players as well as get in their face and coach them. I hope he has a solid year coming up, with a crushing defeat at our hands of course. He's the type of character that makes college football the greatest thing ever.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
Unless they can hire Jimbo away from aTm... they ain't going to do any better right now...

XXL TideFan

Don't go there
Century Club
Reaction score
He will be treated the same as Gus if he can pull off the same feat.

EasyTider

Attention Whore
Bama Club
Reaction score
It hasn’t paid off to date for my employers, but I’ve always operated on the premise that ‘if you pay me more, I’ll be a better employee’

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
This, IMO, is eerily similar to the last year Shula coached for us. Nobody was sniffing around, nobody wanted him, nobody cared, yet the braniacs in administration at UA thought he needed a pay raise and extension......to turn around and fire him the next year.

I think they must have channeled Bill Battle and wanted to practice some dumb ass decisions in preparation for his hire in the future.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
This, IMO, is eerily similar to the last year Shula coached for us. Nobody was sniffing around, nobody wanted him, nobody cared, yet the braniacs in administration at UA thought he needed a pay raise and extension......to turn around and fire him the next year.
It's different in the point other coaches were already talking about how Bama was going to fire Shula when he was recruiting the '05 class. Frankly, an extension carries a lot more weight than an Athletic Director pledging his full support.

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
It's different in the point other coaches were already talking about how Bama was going to fire Shula when he was recruiting the '05 class. Frankly, an extension carries a lot more weight than an Athletic Director pledging his full support.
Yep! If the backing of the AD is the "kiss of death!" then the contract extension is the "reach around!"

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Not trying to throw a damper on the Special Ed train but by any metrics known in the mathematical universe, he hasn't been the equal of Les Miles. Yet, somehow, they must feel they are on the edge of a major Cajun breakthrough. Lets review, up to now, the guy has failed to score a point against Bama in Baton Rouge in his 2 tries and has managed a lost finally to the Aggies. Even though he has managed 2 wins over the gus bus, a lot of SEC teams have been able to measure the barners, including Pruitt on the Plains no less.

All in all, I'm still a lot happier knowing Special Ed is prowling the sidelines than the Mad Hatter.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes
Always wondered why someone didnt grap Les....other than Kansas....a real program......
He was damn good......
Same for Stallings, Phatphil, etc.... all had good results and NCs

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes
Always wondered why someone didnt grap Les....other than Kansas....a real program......
He was damn good......
I kept pointing out to some big time Georgia Tech boosters that they should have gone after him, cause he really could have done well in Atlanta. They were worried about his price tag. But of course he didn't sign for a ton with Kansas, so I really don't know what their reasoning was.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
JMO but the reason most did offer Lester a spot is because they understood he couldn't bring all that talent from the state of Loseranna (that he had total control over) with him.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
@TUSKtimes
He was damn good......

I guess the same way the so-called SEC experts couldn't figure out why hiring Dan Mullens from Starkville would be the smart thing to do. I remember bringing this up to some Bayou people when Les was fired and they basically wanted no part of him. Even though he took the measure of LSU with Dak Prescott in BR. Miles had a scary program going down there and I was happy to see him go.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
I kept pointing out to some big time Georgia Tech boosters that they should have gone after him, cause he really could have done well in Atlanta. They were worried about his price tag. But of course he didn't sign for a ton with Kansas, so I really don't know what their reasoning was.

Just my opinion, but this thing that Les couldn't field an offense was way overblown. Some of the most potent offenses LSU has enjoyed was during Miles tenure. When he won the natty in 2007, with Crowton as OC, they were a little too offensively inclined with their spread concepts but scored a ton of points. With the 2 years of Mettenberg as the starter, they threw and moved the ball. With Jarett Lee, he threw the pumpkin. His teams were usually sound at all positions really.

I think most of his trouble came from the meltdown after the NC game with Bama after a historic Bama defense was determined not to lose to these guys a second time. This was historically probably the best LSU team they ever had. He just won the "game of the century" in Tuscaloosa earlier that year and won against us the year before as well. I don't think the fans ever forgave him for not putting Jarett Lee in the Natty game in the second half. After that, every lost to Bama probably felt like 2.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Just my opinion, but this thing that Les couldn't field an offense was way overblown. Some of the most potent offenses LSU has enjoyed was during Miles tenure. When he won the natty in 2007, with Crowton as OC, they were a little too offensively inclined with their spread concepts but scored a ton of points. With the 2 years of Mettenberg as the starter, they threw and moved the ball. With Jarett Lee, he threw the pumpkin. His teams were usually sound at all positions really.

I think most of his trouble came from the meltdown after the NC game with Bama after a historic Bama defense was determined not to lose to these guys a second time. This was historically probably the best LSU team they ever had. He just won the "game of the century" in Tuscaloosa earlier that year and won against us the year before as well. I don't think the fans ever forgave him for not putting Jarett Lee in the Natty game in the second half. After that, every lost to Bama probably felt like 2.
Yeah, I think he messed up as well by not using Lee in that game. Jefferson couldn't do anything, his own team didn't want the guy in there, yet he let him self-destruct on the biggest stage. I agree with you and think that's when it went down hill. I like ole Les though. He's a character just like Mike Leach, Gundy, and Ørgeron. We need guys like that. I also think I see a lot of myself in these guys in that they just don't care what you or I think, they just say what's on their mind and don't care for the repercussions, and there's a lot to be said about that in this day in age.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
@BamaFan334
@TUSKtimes
I agree that the 2011 NCgame was an arrow in his heart....
Don’t know that Lsu fans ever forgave him....
But he was lsu through and through...
Kinda became a legend in his own mind...

Top Bottom