| RECRUIT How would you feel about Arch Manning in Crimson?

rammerjammer

Gump 4ever
Scholarship Club
...dont wanna see any Mannings getting box seats at BD...

I don't know if this would be the case or not. During Eli's stint at OM, Archie was always seen in the stands with hat pulled down low and earphones on, listening to the broadcast. If he wanted to sit in a box seat, I would certainly thought he could have one at Vaught-Hemingway. Archie seems like a pretty humble and down to earth guy. If his grandson played at Bama, it wouldn't surprise me to see him hiding in plain sight, much like he did with Eli at Ole Miss.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I don't see the kid going to the Left Coast or Big 10 territory.

One of these guys. I believe they will want to the kid to play on a very big stage.

Sark
Nick
Jimbo
Lane
Bowl Cut
Dabo

Bill at Duke is stretch since they're not going to beat anybody that is somebody
10RC should be in a little better shape (??) but I don't believe that offense will be helpful

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Arch will have his pick of schools. The big issue will be if he expects to play early. That's not likely at Alabama. Although Alabama may check all the boxes to prepare him for the next level, his playing time may be limited early. Can he live with that?

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Things aren't going real well there.
Did not know this!! I was really just going by Arch possibly looking at the success Sark had with Mac last year. I believe he would fare better in Crimson though with all of the offensive weapons that we continue to gather. Add that with Saban and Bill O'Brien calling the offense and having that NFL pedigree, I could see him here.

BamaFan334

Scholarship Club
Alabama is the perfect school for his skillset. He can throw, and he can get out of trouble with his mobility. I think he touches 6'5 by time he graduates and gets over 215 pounds. Alabama should be able to offer him early playing time opportunity as Bryce will be gone, Milroe will be a Junior. He will have to compete with Ty Simpson, but he will have atleast one or two guys to compete with anywhere he goes. His family has to know he will always have a quality line to protect him in Tuscaloosa as well. Just look at the line we signed for this incoming class. The talent around him will be amazing and give him a chance to thrive. We know all of this, but just laying out what makes us more special than these other programs. He's gonna have his pick, and likely have a chance to go #1 in the Draft wherever he goes, but if he wants to win, compete, and be the best and play for the best, Alabama is a great opportunity for him.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
You are talking about his grandson? Right? We all know why PM with to UT. It was David Cutcliffe. Then he became the ole sis coach. But all those Manning's know if he want to go into the NFL? Bama would be the best! Just saying!!!:ROFLMAO:

mando

Sideline Club
I would think it would be OM for obvious reasons. Might be that Kiffin has to mess it up (and he is very capable of doing it) for it not to happen. Another interesting part of this may be Kiffins time in Knoxville. You have to know that the Mannings are very familiar with what he did there as well as his departure from Bama before the NC game. Maybe enough time has gone by to not matter. We will see. If the kid can play bring him to Bama.

For personal reasons it would be funny to see him come to Bama. Friends with an OM fan that is always trying to dog Bama about anything he can. He is obsessed about all things Bama and always trying to discredit them. This would rub salt in the wound.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
I would think it would be OM for obvious reasons. Might be that Kiffin has to mess it up (and he is very capable of doing it) for it not to happen. Another interesting part of this may be Kiffins time in Knoxville. You have to know that the Mannings are very familiar with what he did there as well as his departure from Bama before the NC game. Maybe enough time has gone by to not matter. We will see. If the kid can play bring him to Bama.

For personal reasons it would be funny to see him come to Bama. Friends with an OM fan that is always trying to dog Bama about anything he can. He is obsessed about all things Bama and always trying to discredit them. This would rub salt in the wound.
Side note territory here but I'll be borderline shocked of Lane Kiffin is still at Ole Miss to start the 2023 season.

Davestwin

Sideline Club
In the long run, the Mannings will support Arch to go to the best place for him. Let’s not be petty with UT or Ole Miss hate. If the kid can help Alabama win, I’m all for it.
To me, it’s not an either/or proposition ... you can be petty with UT and Ole Miss hate and pull for him to play for Bama. I mean NOTHING but NOTHING would irk UT and Ole Miss fans worse than Arch winning a NC with the Tide!

TerryP

Ivory Club
Can you provide any specifics? Is he having problems with the alumni? The administration? Player misconduct? Thanks
It's Texas. The very things we've been pointing to for years is still running rampant: a LOT of chiefs in their booster ranks. Texas has its demons. Sark is battling his own demon. I hope the latter doesn't win in Sark's case.

50+yeartidefan

Touchdown Club
It's Texas. The very things we've been pointing to for years is still running rampant: a LOT of chiefs in their booster ranks. Texas has its demons. Sark is battling his own demon. I hope the latter doesn't win in Sark's case.
Isnt a lot of the problems with the "eyes of texas " song with boosters vs recruits ( kind of ridiculous)........a lot like the problem was/is with Ole ms and confederate flag......?

Top Bottom