| FTBL Home-and-home with WVU Announcement - @WVU 2026 & @Alabama 2027

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Will Saban still be here by then? It's a good ways out.. Lol...

Sgt. Lincoln Osiris

Lead farmer
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Cecil is eluding to a very solid likelihood that he will be.. ..

Reaction score
Neal Brown gets a chance to kill the King...……..If they were to win then couches will burn until the following Tuesday

UAgrad93

Jack of all trades!!
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Let's get someone like Michigan or Ohio State to fill in '24 and '25.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
Why do we keep giving the first game away? Texas, ND and now WV.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Maybe this is carrot to keep nick around....
10 years...63-64 now,.....
Hey?............... mid 70s and good health .... no problem working.....
Better than sitting around....

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Maybe this is carrot to keep nick around....
I know it's been mentioned here a few times. So, at the risk of repeating ...

We won't know what the situation is until 2025. Saban has stated that's the year he's planning on stopping, looking over where he is, and making a decision. It's not about an opponent right now. He's set on that date to evaluate.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
I know it's been mentioned here a few times. So, at the risk of repeating ...

We won't know what the situation is until 2025. Saban has stated that's the year he's planning on stopping, looking over where he is, and making a decision. It's not about an opponent right now. He's set on that date to evaluate.
What the difference between 73 and 75....... its all health and interest....
Lot of things happen to body once you get into 70s....read the obituaries....
But for some....???....
Lets hope....( throw a hope for in there too...lol)...

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Probably only way to get anyone to agree to play Alabama at this point.
E'rbody wants to play Bama according to what I've been told. Scheduling is a very simple matter. :rolleyes:

We have nothing to judge WVU outside of history, right? I don't believe we can take what they were able to post (W&L's) when they were in the Big East as measure of what they'll do in the future. Since joining the Big12 they have one double digit win season when their best win was against a BYU or Kansas State team. They weren't competing for Big 12 titles. They aren't expected to do so anytime soon.

Yet, as I read over fan reactions to scheduling WVU it's a step up?

And, at the same time, I see the same fans criticizing Bama playing Duke (setting aside it was not Bama's decision for Duke to be its opponent.)

Duke = Bad.
WVU = Good.

The strength of the two teams relative to each other? Pretty damn even outside of the coach where Duke's Cutcliffe gets the nod.

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
E'rbody wants to play Bama according to what I've been told. Scheduling is a very simple matter. :rolleyes:

We have nothing to judge WVU outside of history, right? I don't believe we can take what they were able to post (W&L's) when they were in the Big East as measure of what they'll do in the future. Since joining the Big12 they have one double digit win season when their best win was against a BYU or Kansas State team. They weren't competing for Big 12 titles. They aren't expected to do so anytime soon.

And, at the same time, I see the same fans criticizing Bama playing Duke (setting aside it was not Bama's decision for Duke to be its opponent.)

Duke = Bad.
WVU = Good.

The strength of the two teams relative to each other? Pretty damn even outside of the coach where Duke's Cutcliffe gets the nod.
Well, Terry...i think most feel...as I do...
We have marquee games vs marquee teams to open season....and Duke aint one regardless of record...i dont think WVU is either...but whatever...regardless of record....its better than Duke... and its another home game....
Gotta remember..we had home n home vs Michigan State and Ga Tech and they were canceled.... so, we will see what happens...

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

Duke = Bad.
WVU = Good.

Doesn't Duke owe us a home game? That would make me a little happier with this matchup. Of course, also playing Washington, in the Peach State, would make me downright ecstatic.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
We have marquee games vs marquee teams to open season....and Duke aint one regardless of record...i dont think WVU is either...but whatever...regardless of record....its better than Duke... and its another home game....
Here's where you've completely lost me.

One isn't better than the other but one's better than the other? What does WVU bring to the table that Duke doesn't other than a couch burning fan base who happens to play a popular song in their pre-game (that even sports announcers can't identify all the time.)

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Doesn't Duke owe us a home game? That would make me a little happier with this matchup. Of course, also playing Washington, in the Peach State, would make me downright ecstatic.
No. They don't. The away game in 2010 was the other half of the agreement for when Duke played Bama at home in 2006. There have been four meetings: Tuscaloosa, Durham, Birmingham, and New Orleans in the Sugar (only loss for Bama in 1945? I'm fairly sure it was '45.)

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Here's where you've completely lost me.

One isn't better than the other but one's better than the other? What does WVU bring to the table that Duke doesn't other than a couch burning fan base who happens to play a popular song in their pre-game (that even sports announcers can't identify all the time.)
Ok. Its just perception I guess... or how I personally feel...and many others..or maybe its a neutral site game...would i feel better if it was in ttown...to open season..maybe...we do play a lotta shit teams..at home...probably would have no feelings at all...like i do for a lot of game...Colorado State..Fresno State...etc..except go to game...
What does WVU bring to table that Duke doesnt?........your question...A trip for me back to "Almost Heaven "?...havent been back since i moved in the 70s...

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score

Duke = Bad.
WVU = Good.

I couldn't care less what WVU did in the past. Neal Brown is legit and he will have them competing for Big 12 titles. Period.

This isn't basketball. Duke isn't a good non conference opponent. Period.

Top Bottom