| FTBL Harris declares for NFL Draft

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
Not a shock1.
But wish he wouldve come back..
50 for 2 1/2 years the guy was as ordinary as we've had at ILBer. The last 4 games are so (once the mobile QB's were gone) then both he and Henry got better. JMO but the QB from Cincy was overrated.

No doubt Harris has the speed for the NFL, but he is going to have to be much more physical.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
He finished the season strong and will have a chance between now and draft day to improve his stock. I was really hoping he'd come back... another (healthy) year would have solidified a 1st round selection. But, he had been planning on going for a while now and he will still go pretty high, so can't blame him. Now Deontae Lawson gets his opportunity.

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Ivory Club
Besides Lawson & To'o To'o what is our depth at ILB?

Shane Lee has transferred, so who is left with any real playing time?

I guessing by real playing time, you probably mean significant playing time. If that's the case, really nobody other than Braswell. Lawson saw some snaps early in the year, but even then, very little. The good news? Despite the lack of game reps, there's some quality young depth inside besides those mentioned... Kendrick Blackshire, Ian Jackson, Shawn Murphy. A couple of those guys had considered leaving, but with all the attrition inside, I think they are set to stick around now.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Crimson Tide Club
I would imgaine that Saban is going to make sure Backups get some quality time in the game this fall... make sure some key positions get some rotational system in place. WRs, TEs and DE/LB.
You have to get the game secured before that can happen. Then that 4-game deal and keeping their redshirt comes into play as well. JMO but redshirting is a waste of time in today's college football. If you're good you leave in 3-4 or your leave sooner via the portal.

Crimson&WhiteGecko

Century Club
I guessing by real playing time, you probably mean significant playing time. If that's the case, really nobody other than Braswell. Lawson saw some snaps early in the year, but even then, very little. The good news? Despite the lack of game reps, there's some quality young depth inside besides those mentioned... Kendrick Blackshire, Ian Jackson, Shawn Murphy. A couple of those guys had considered leaving, but with all the attrition inside, I think they are set to stick around now.

I am eager to see how Blackshire us taking to the defense

JoshB

Scholarship Club
ok-sad.gif

Rolltide24

Century Club
We didn’t have an many pull away games this year as we usually have. That gave the young kids less time to get in. Florida, A&M, Arky, LSU, Auburn and UT (didn’t get out of hand until 4th quarter), we’re all game where we had to fight to the end. A few too many close games. I think that impacted us getting younger guys in. But there were 7 other opportunities.

Top Bottom