| FTBL Breaking: #Browns sign No. 10 pick Jedrick Wills to his 4-year deal worth a fully-guaranteed $19.702 million

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Excellent. Very happy for Jedrick. Represented Alabama VERY well.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Recently in a recruiting discussion I mentioned the Brockermeyer brothers out of Texas. Much like Rashaan Evans (both parents went to Auburn) in their case they have HUGE ties to the Longhorn program. (Their father [former UT football player] and brother [[currently on the TX roster.])

When I mentioned these guys I pointed out their desire to play for a team with a strong success record on placing kids in the NFL. Texas, whom a lot still feel are the team to beat, has had one offensive lineman drafted since 2009. One.

Now, you know Bama draft record...

I say all of that to point out this.

Both Brockermeyer's 'liked' the tweet for Wills...they are watching, closely.

I expect Bama will have their verbal by the end of August.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Please, Log in or Register to view quote(s).
Yes sir. Add in Leatherwood after this season and we will have another.

I look forward to the Brockemeyer Brothers decision. I doubt we get Amarius Mims if the twins commit with Latham in the fold. Stranger things have happened though.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Flood is representing Alabama VERY well. I mentioned how this defensive class is shaping up last week. There's a strong possibility we see Bama end up with the #1 center in the nation, three of the top five offensive tackles (all 5*,) and the #2 offensive guard.

If that comes to fruition expect to see "the best college football offensive line class in history" tossed around often.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
He has been thought to be a UGA guy until recently. Andrew Bone called him to Bama a few days ago.

Realistically, if you look at the UGA depth chart (started two frosh tackles last season as I recall) and then look at Bama's with a spot opening next season ...

I wouldn't count him out just yet.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
That would be amazing if coach is able to pull that off.

Folks think we are pushing that top spot for Maason Smith on the defensive side as well, more and more. Can't wait to see this class play out. Especially after all of the flack Coach Saban has caught for a slow start.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I thought you were commenting on the "best offensive line class" making a comparison to another.

The early BAMA offensive line reputation started with one five star; Flucker.

People underestimate how much influence Pendry has had on BAMA football.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
That line you're referring to, at least I believe we're on the same page, was one of the best we've seen at Bama. It wasn't one of the highest regarded offensive linemen classes.

I believe it was the '12 unit that went the entire season without a holding call. Or close to it, at least. It led to a lot of rival fans blaming officials that Bama never gets called for holding. We saw a decline in performance on the offensive following that season.

{rant}

Why? Here's Mario. By the time 2016 rolls around Saban, and Pendry, aren't pleased with the OL. In comes Brent Key and by the end of the season the offensive line coaching responsibility had shifted to Key.

I've seen some say Saban ran Mario off. Let's not forget Oregon and money here. If there's one thing I can say with no uncertainty is that Pendry and Mario didn't see eye to eye. We, as fans, saw the results.

Now Bama has moved to Kyle Flood. If there's one thing for certain here, he's killing it on the recruiting trail. On the field? I've seen several suggest Bama's offensive line is the best in the nation going into the fall.

{/rant}

footballer

Sideline Club
Reaction score
It seems like you're leaving a guy out and I can't remember his name. He came from Miami, I think, and left after a few years for the Eagles.
He coached that lightly regarded line to greatness, in my opinion. He was the best line coach I remember having.

Top Bottom