| RECRUIT Alabama lands grad transfer OL Landon Dickerson from FSU

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
FSU OL to transfer to The King....

Former Florida State offensive lineman Landon Dickerson had reportedly narrowed his eyes on two teams from the SEC West, Texas A&M, and Alabama, since entering the Transfer Portal last week. He’s quickly come to a decision. A source close to the offensive lineman tells NoleGameday that the North Carolina native will be transferring to one of the top programs in the nation, Alabama. Dickerson will have two years of eligibility remaining and will be able to play immediately after graduating in the summer.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
FSU OL to transfer to The King....

Former Florida State offensive lineman Landon Dickerson had reportedly narrowed his eyes on two teams from the SEC West, Texas A&M, and Alabama, since entering the Transfer Portal last week. He’s quickly come to a decision. A source close to the offensive lineman tells NoleGameday that the North Carolina native will be transferring to one of the top programs in the nation, Alabama. Dickerson will have two years of eligibility remaining and will be able to play immediately after graduating in the summer.
Cool! Don't think there is much room this year but will have a nice opportunity next season to jump in the line up.

I always feel good about adding depth to the OL and DL, especially with experience. Was hoping they could find a guy like this on the DL as well!

RTR

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
That's really great....,,,,,,, I guess........
But.......... i never realllllllly liked other schools transfers...,,, just me .....if you want bama..... come outta HS......

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Bama Club
Reaction score
But.......... i never realllllllly liked other schools transfers...,,, just me .....if you want bama..... come outta HS......
Normally Nick takes a guy for a depth issue at certain spots but I don't see the deal with OL for this guy. Have to trust The Man for sure. I will assume he couldn't find a TE worth signing for depth for 2019.

12gage

Century Club
Reaction score
Jake Coker, James Carpenter, Colin Peek, Mike Bernier was celebrated last season, Musika should have some impact on the roster this year, then there is Gehrig Dieter and quite a few others.

Some of these transfers have had a big impact on our teams.

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
I will assume he couldn't find a TE worth signing for depth for 2019
We know they've been watching. I"m of the impression they are going to take the "long road," for lack of a better expression.

Billingsley is one I don't think we'll see this year. IF we do, not a lot. He's still in that developmental stage for SEC play and at 220lb or so he will likely need time to develop and adjust to SEC play.

James is the one I believe they are waiting on—or at least believe they can make it through the first few games without him available. I'm still of the opinion we're going to see a pretty big impact from this guy before the season is over. He's got all the tools for the H role and the inline tight end role. Latu is coming along but needs some conditioning work (strength) though he did have a promising spring. We may see some of the walk-on as well, Amos.

Starting against Duke we'll see Tennison (TE) and Forristall (H.) We're looking pretty solid with those two. Tennison has shown he's good on the line and I believe he'll be a reliable blocker this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing James and Tennison in a ACE set. I hope James isn't looked upon like OJ was early on in his career: passing route guy who did very little blocking.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
We know they've been watching. I"m of the impression they are going to take the "long road," for lack of a better expression.

Billingsley is one I don't think we'll see this year. IF we do, not a lot. He's still in that developmental stage for SEC play and at 220lb or so he will likely need time to develop and adjust to SEC play.

James is the one I believe they are waiting on—or at least believe they can make it through the first few games without him available. I'm still of the opinion we're going to see a pretty big impact from this guy before the season is over. He's got all the tools for the H role and the inline tight end role. Latu is coming along but needs some conditioning work (strength) though he did have a promising spring. We may see some of the walk-on as well, Amos.

Starting against Duke we'll see Tennison (TE) and Forristall (H.) We're looking pretty solid with those two. Tennison has shown he's good on the line and I believe he'll be a reliable blocker this season. I'm really looking forward to seeing James and Tennison in a ACE set. I hope James isn't looked upon like OJ was early on in his career: passing route guy who did very little blocking.
I think Tennison and Forristall are both gonna be good players! Noth Tall & athletic. James should add another level of physicality when he comes back...

Really hope Latu doesn't get lost in the shuffle. Always a guy or two on the roster that is a "tweener". Ronnie Clark a good example... Townsend may be in that conversation. BTW I think Townsend could be a legit weapon but that RB stable is always so talented.

94 Grad

Century Club
Reaction score
If he's an OLineman from FSU... I'm not getting that excited. Those were the worst OLineman I've ever seen play football the last 2 years...

50+yeartidefan

Bama Club
Reaction score
Jake Coker, James Carpenter, Colin Peek, Mike Bernier was celebrated last season, Musika should have some impact on the roster this year, then there is Gehrig Dieter and quite a few others.

Some of these transfers have had a big impact on our teams.
Not what I was saying....lot of good ball players....for sure....

bradenob

Extra Point Club
Reaction score
If he's an OLineman from FSU... I'm not getting that excited. Those were the worst OLineman I've ever seen play football the last 2 years...
^^^^^ THIS!!!! ^^^^

I also found it odd that the 'nole article never mentioned his position? did I miss it?

TerryP

Cenosillicaphobiac
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Alabama added to its 2019 class via the Transfer Portal on Sunday.

Florida State graduate transfer offensive lineman Landon Dickerson has committed to Alabama over Texas A&M and plans to arrive on campus in August, a source with knowledge of the recruitment tells BamaOnLine.

Dickerson spent the weekend in Tuscaloosa on official visit.

BamaBoyJosh

Verified Member
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I'll be shocked if he ever sees the field.

pop2

Registered
Reaction score
Wasn't he a very highly recruited player? Did we recruit him out of high school?

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Offensively speaking we are loaded at every position but maybe TE. I guess coach just wants some insurance with the youth we have on the OL.

Tidestalker

Bama Club
Reaction score
Offensively speaking we are loaded at every position but maybe TE. I guess coach just wants some insurance with the youth we have on the OL.
Yes... Something like that. The more size and experience on those lines the better.

One thing to keep in mind with a guy like this, he wants to play. You don't transfer to a place if you don't think you can play there... So who knows where he thinks he stands.

But in the big picture, our top 6 ish on the OL looks pretty damn good. Competition can only make it better. RTR

Top Bottom