| CURRENT EVENTS Israel vs. Iran, and where will the US fit in?

Except, to expand your experiences a bit?

You are not cut to run away from conversations...don't get this move.
No, I don’t run from conversations. However, there comes a point in discussions of this nature where there isn’t anything to be gained by continuing. I’ve had plenty of “experiences” in different denominations as you undoubtedly remember my previous declarations of such.
As the Paschal season has come to a close the greetings between Orthodox Christians the world over are “Christ is Risen!” and the reply is “I deed HE is risen!” or a slight variation.
Try fasting for the 40+ days of Pascha. No meat, eggs, dairy or alcohol except wine & fish on certain days. Something like half of the year is that way. The part that I’m sure gets to the young married couples is we are not supposed to have sex during times of fast.
I’ve had your experiences, come and experience ours. The part people have a hard time understanding is the scope. In any protestant their Christianity is a part of them. Orthodoxy is far more immersive to us. Our homes have a prayer corner or space. Set up similar to the church. The following is a good example but not a requirement. The only must haves are icons of Jesus & Theotokos and a cross. I’ll be ordering a swing censor to cense the house with during our morning and evening prayers. Same with the Lampada should be lit when you are home & awake.
IMG_1786.jpeg

Ive always thought the reason for fasting was to withdraw from the world so you can hear from God. But in the Orthodox Church, fasting is because of tradition and Lent? Sir, you don’t have to answer but at the very least I think you should reconsider your importance to God. If he thought you were important enough to die for, He might have something to say to you.

No, I don’t run from conversations. However, there comes a point in discussions of this nature where there isn’t anything to be gained by continuing. I’ve had plenty of “experiences” in different denominations as you undoubtedly remember my previous declarations of such.
As the Paschal season has come to a close the greetings between Orthodox Christians the world over are “Christ is Risen!” and the reply is “I deed HE is risen!” or a slight variation.
Try fasting for the 40+ days of Pascha. No meat, eggs, dairy or alcohol except wine & fish on certain days. Something like half of the year is that way. The part that I’m sure gets to the young married couples is we are not supposed to have sex during times of fast.
I’ve had your experiences, come and experience ours. The part people have a hard time understanding is the scope. In any protestant their Christianity is a part of them. Orthodoxy is far more immersive to us. Our homes have a prayer corner or space. Set up similar to the church. The following is a good example but not a requirement. The only must haves are icons of Jesus & Theotokos and a cross. I’ll be ordering a swing censor to cense the house with during our morning and evening prayers. Same with the Lampada should be lit when you are home & awake.
View attachment 27824
Truly, you present a regimented, even rote, process, and those you counter provide personal experiences of a relationship. Honestly, I think both camps are secure in their salvation, as they earnestly seek Christ in their lives, and both are worthy of their commitments of faith.

Praise be to God for His love for mankind.

I will say, "you lack faith."
And I will say, "you lack evidence."
those you counter provide personal experiences of a relationship.
I used to have experiences of a relationship with an invisible friend. Then I grew out of it. Later, charismatic Protestantism rekindled it and refashioned my "friend" into a creator-savior hybrid. Then I finally grew out of it for good, realizing there is no one watching or in control, save Big Brother and Big Government. ;)

And I will say, "you lack evidence."
Except. I don't.

I used to have experiences of a relationship with an invisible friend.
Except. I've seen signs. I've seen wonders.

I went the other direction looking to see if it could be replicated. And it led to more wonders.

Tim nailed it earlier. You are questioning personal experiences based on something that is only visible in your frame of reference. A little shaky if you ask me...

Except. I don't.

Except. I've seen signs. I've seen wonders.

I went the other direction looking to see if it could be replicated. And it led to more wonders.

Tim nailed it earlier. You are questioning personal experiences based on something that is only visible in your frame of reference. A little shaky if you ask me...
You’ve seen things happen, but that doesn’t prove the mystical being

Back
Top Bottom