| NEWS NCAA D-1 coaches, Athletic Directors, and celebrities charged in nationwide entrance exam scandal by FBI and U.S. Attorney's Office in Boston.

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score

The alleged scheme focused on getting students admitted to elite universities as recruited athletes, regardless of their athletic abilities, and helping potential students cheat on their college exams, according to the indictment unsealed in Boston.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Senior Associate AD - Dr Donna Heinel has been named as helping recruit to the crew team with no prior crew experience.

rick4bama

Bama Fan since 1965 and counting....
Scholarship Club
Reaction score
I was just about to post this!

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The cheating is a major concern. The paying for a spot, not too much of an issue for me, because that happens all of the time with big time donors, in every college across America.

OldPlayer

Bama Club
Reaction score
The head sailing coach at Stanford has pleaded guilty.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
I never want to hear a Stanford or Southern Cal fan talk about SEC admissions going forward.

I bet their grads are happy their academic standards are being upheld...

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score
It is surprising the FBI took time away from the Coup to hinder the liberals pay for a spot scam. They should have just claimed a foreign student status.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score

TerryP

Ivory Club
Reaction score
It's not as if people didn't look suspiciously at IMG as it was...this certainly doesn't help.

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
The sheer number of university personnel that would have to be in on the take with this scam must be astounding. No doubt about it, a lot of rich folks got some really dumb intellectually handicapped progeny.

JoseyWalesTheOutlaw

Century Club
Reaction score

Watch how fast this disappears from view since Singer admitted to the Judge that he did all that he was charged plus more. He is taken a bullet for the folks and he will be rewarded.

planomateo

Ivory Club
Reaction score
Here I was thinking USC or Stanford being private institutions would lower the standards given the right reason. It appears that isn't the case. Someone realized they could leverage a slightly reduced admissions requirement for athletes and they leveraged it.

Top Bottom