| NEWS Former Ohio State QB Tate Martell receives hardship waiver from NCAA & ruled eligible in 2019 at Miami.

BamaFan334

Verified Member
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score
Yep, flood gates are now open. The NCAA just lost most of its power and ability with this one.

mando

Sideline Club
Reaction score
Maybe Coach Saban needs to look around at others schools and see if he can "transfer in" some ILB and DL to add experience and depth there. Why not give it a try? I assume there is some rule but heck look in the magic portal.

Sarcasm of course but whats to keep someone from doing this with the current free agent mentality.

planomateo

Ready to put Tejas in the rear view, hello Montana
Ivory Club
Reaction score
Hardship, laughable. Bigger question, will it matter? Gonna be funny if he doesn't get the starting job.

sk33tr

el jefe
Bama Club
Reaction score
someone remind me again what his "hardship" was...?

i thought he left because fields transferred there from uga. how is that a hardship? what? he didn't want to have to compete for the starting job?.....like he's going to have to do with TWO OTHER GUYS IN MIAMI!

TUSKtimes

Riding The Wave
Crimson Tide Club
Reaction score

Nothing there that would sound hopeful as far as deterring future QBs from leaving and being granted instant illegibility to play. If Ohio State would have been willing to recruit him again, or when the kid went into the transfer portal and Ohio State then pleaded with him not to go, then he wouldn't be a free agent?

So, in essence, there was no hardship or unusual circumstance for the QB to establish other than Ohio State didn't fight it. After bagging Fields that would have looked extremely hypocritical to turn around and fight this dude leaving. But I'm still disappointed in the Buckeyes, being a royal hypocrite is something they usually are very good at.

TideatMileHigh

Registered
Reaction score
Insert video of sports media shills defending players using "muh business decision" logic

Top Bottom