Registered Users HEISMAN bamatommy's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Funny football quotes

#1. 'Football is only a game. Spiritual things are eternal. Nevertheless, Beat Texas

Seen on a church sign inArkansas< /I>prior to the 1969 game.

#2. 'After you retire, there's only one big event left... And I ain't ready for that.' -Bobby Bowden / Florida State

#3. 'The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely to be the one who dropped it.' -Lou Holtz / Arkansas

#4. 'When you win, nothing hurts.' -Joe Namath / Alabama

#5. 'Motivation is simple.. You eliminate those who are not motivated.' -Lou Holtz / Arkansas

#6. 'If you want to walk the heavenly streets of gold, you gotta know the password, 'Roll, tide, roll!' -Bear Bryant / Alabama

#7. 'A school without football is in danger of deteriorating into a medieval study hall.' -Frank Leahy / Notre Dame

#8. 'There's nothing that cleanses your soul like getting the hell kicked out of you.' -Woody Hayes / Ohio State

#9. 'I don't expect to win enough games to be put on NCAA probation. I just want to win enough to warrant an investigation.' -Bob Devaney /< /I>Nebraska

#10. 'In Alabama , an atheist is someone who doesn't believe in Bear Bryant.' - Wally Butts / Georgia

#11. 'You can learn more character on the two-yard line than anywhere else in life.' -Paul Dietzel / LSU

#12. 'It's kind of hard to rally around a math class.' -Bear Bryant / Alabama

#13. When asked if Fayetteville was the end of the world. 'No, but you can see it from here.' - Lou Holtz / Arkansas ...

#14. 'I make my practices real hard because if a player is a quitter, I want him to quit in practice, not in a game.' -Bear Bryant / Alabama

#15. 'There's one sure way to stop us from scoring-give us the ball near the goal line.' -Matty Bell / SMU

#16. 'Lads, you're not to miss practice unless your parents died or you died.' -Frank Leahy / Notre Dame

#17. 'I never graduated from Iowa , but I was only there for two terms - Truman's and Eisenhower's.' - Alex Karras / Iowa< /I>

#18. 'My advice to defensive players: Take the shortest route to the ball and arrive in a bad humor.' -Bowden Wyatt / Tennessee

#19. 'I could have been a Rhodes Scholar, except for my grades..' -Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

#20. 'Always remember... Goliath was a 40 point favorite over David.' -Shug Jordan / Auburn

Last edited by bamatommy; 09-15-2009 at 05:47 PM.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Funny football quotes

#21 'They cut us up like boarding house pie. And that's real small pieces.' -Darrell Royal / Texas

#22. 'Show me a good and gracious loser, and I'll show you a failure.' -Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

#23. 'They whipped us like a tied up goat.' -Spike Dykes / TexasTech

#24. 'I asked Darrell Royal, the coach of the Texas Longhorns, why he didn't recruit me and he said: 'Well, Walt, we took a look at you and you weren't any good.' - Walt Garrison / Oklahoma< /B>< /I>State

#25. 'Son, you've got a good engine, but your hands aren't on the steering wheel.' -Bobby Bowden / Florida State

#26 'Football is not a contact sport - it is a collision sport.. Dancing is a contact sport.' -Duffy Daugherty / Michigan State

#27. After USC lost 51-0 to Notre Dame, his postgame message to his team: 'All those who need showers, take them.' -John McKay / USC

#28. 'If lessons are learned in defeat, our team is getting a great education.' -Murray Warmath / Minnesota

#29. 'The only qualifications for a lineman are to be big and dumb. To be a back, you only have to be dumb.' -Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

#30. 'Oh, we played about like three tons of buzzard puke this afternoon.' -Spike Dykes / Texas Tech

#31. 'It isn't necessary to see a good tackle. You can hear it..' -Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

#32. 'We live one day at a time and scratch where it itches.' -Darrell Royal / Texas

#33. 'We didn't tackle well today but we made up for it by not blocking.' -Wilson Matthews / Little Rock CentralHigh School

#34. 'Three things can happen when you throw the ball, and two of them are bad.' -Darrell Royal / University of Texas

#35 'I've found that prayers work best when you have big players.' -Knute Rockne / Notre Dame

#36. 'Gentlemen, it is better to have died a small boy than to fumble this football.' -Bobby Dodd / Georgia Tech
    Last edited by bamatommy; 09-15-2009 at 05:47 PM.

Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE rtauburnsucks's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like the quote thats in my profile.

The quote from the ole ball coach.....talking about a library fire that burned 20 books at Auburn..
    "The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet."
    -Steve Spurrier on an Auburn dormitory fire that destroyed 20 books.

BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Bear Bryant's quote: "It's hard to rally around a math class."

RTB STAFF - BAMA NEWS HEISMAN 252BAMA's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

#4. 'When you win, nothing hurts.' -Joe Namath / Alabama

He was quite a gamer who played hurt a lot. Saw him limp onto the field for his first appearance in the 1964 GT game with 90 seconds left in the half in a scoreless game. 14-0 Bama at halftime!

Senior Member ALL-CONFERENCE rtauburnsucks's Avatar
    BamaBucks
    Thanks
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bamatommy View Post
    I like Bear Bryant's quote: "It's hard to rally around a math class."

i dont know what game it was...or who the player was but Bear had another good one.

The player had gotten two 15yd personal fouls......Bryant said (as the player is walking to the bench for the rest of the game..."Your not worth 30 yds to the University of Alabama boy."

Not gonna lie, that would intemidate the crap out of me.
    "The real tragedy was that 15 hadn't been colored yet."
    -Steve Spurrier on an Auburn dormitory fire that destroyed 20 books.